Saturday 7 January 2012

Commission - Marionette (WIP: Part 1)

 First of all, a happy 2012 to everyone! I wish every reader a wonderful and great year! I'll try to put up as many WIP (work in progress) photos so that this blog would not be that dead.*sweats* So do check this blog once in a while =D

This is what I've been doing lately. A commission for Rarw! for his girls. I was given the task to design 3 stage costumes for his girls. The theme is Marionette.

It was exciting to be able to design for all 3 girls. Personally, I know most of his girls' characters which makes it slightly easier to draft the outfit to suit each girl's unique personality.
First up, I'll talk about Sicily's outfit. The impression that she always gives me was black sexy cat. I've used black as the main colour for her. Ok, on to the photos. Click on the picture to view original size
Here's the top:


This is the "back dress train"( I don't know the term for it... ^^")

The ribbon for the back
Making the dress train was interesting. Like all commission, everything has a first and this is the first time I've tried making "balloon-skirt-style" train and working with organza. I think working with organza is very addictive. heh.
 The stocking
Fully hand-sewn stocking, ok not really a stocking but more like a leg guard, but it sounds weird to put the word hence I'll stick to stocking. It's lace handsewn with beads on. As you can see from the design draft, it's supposed to have another stocking on the other leg, I've yet to figure out how to do it. Hopefully I'll find my way tonight or tomorrow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment