Tuesday 26 March 2013

Commission for Kaya

I was sick (literally) when I did this commission. Sewing tons and tons of ribbons to the cloth is something that you must be discipline to do...

..
I wasn't.
I have to constantly take small little breaks from sewing cox' my back hurts from time to time. I was having slight food poisoning over the past week, not good. But I wasn't playing with my health, I was actually feeling a bit better before I start. ( I cannot be vomiting over my sewing table, can I? )

Can you count how many layers there are? Actually I've lost count.. My guess is about 12 or more. The main torturing part was sewing sequins. It was painful. As you gripped the cloth and hand sewn the sequins, that holding hand will cramp after a while. So on and off I had to stop for a break. Watch TV was my excuse lol

Guess what~ That's not the first thing I started doing. It was...
Panty!


 I thought it was the easiest to do so I did that first. But it has its challenges. It does not go under the machine. I should turn back to my bed and ly down...

Just kidding.

I just be a good girl and hand sewn some parts.

The next item didn't turn out that well.. I wanted to use black ribbon for the necklace but due to the length of the pendent, I have to change my idea. I guess it's part and parcel when you sew. Some things just do not go your way and you have to improvise. So I used chains instead! Quite a safe and good choice to use as they are more flexible and go round the doll better. Doesn't stain like black ribbon does too.

And when everything falls into place and done, the usual practice! PHOTOSHOOT!!! 
(my favourite part actually)

 The weather was too hot and I was too sick to go out and take photos. I ended up squatting at one corner of my room. I think overall it looks pretty neat.

I hope her girls love this dress as much as I was sewing for them. =)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment