Sunday 11 August 2013

July Commission - Pink dress

A Dolfie Dream commission for a local collector. I'm sure you'll find the outfit slightly familiar if you are a Sword Art Online fan. So presenting Asuna in this pink dress~

Let's go!
Every commission is always pose a challenge and this time it's the challenge of finding suitable material for this dress~


I didn't wanted to make it satin because I feel that it won't suit her image, hence I've used pink cotton for this outfit, cotton gives a more innocent and sweet feel. Sadly, it's doll size and there is not enough weight for the dress to fall nicely. Just a side note, I don't watch Sword Art Online so I've done the outfit based on the anime pictures given.

My first time attempting to make a draw string dress too~ (if you have been reading what I've posted so far, you'll realise that I have a lot of "first" *sweats*) But overall, it was fun to make this dress. 

The ribbon was sewn on last because I need to find the center of the dress.

The draw-string back! abit crumpled due to me pulling and drawing in the cloth too much, but it was fixed when I iron it a little~ =D

The side view... I was so worried about her b**b spilling out! Cox the entire dress is held by the tiny satin ribbon...but I guess that's how the mangaka wanted, I supposed. ^^*

The sweet look~ I really love her smile very much~

Thank you for reading and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment